The Lou Fusz Soccer Club was founded in 1992 by Lou Fusz Jr. and former professional soccer player and coach, Don Popovic. Lou, a prominent St. Louis businessman and architect of the widely recognized Lou Fusz Automotive Network, acquired a passion for soccer while watching his children play. Lou has always been involved in St. Louis sports and envisioned the soccer club as a way to give back to the community. It was Lou’s hope that children would have somewhere to grow as athletes while becoming well-rounded individuals. The Lou Fusz Athletic gives young athletes the opportunity to develop the required skills to compete at the high school, collegiate and professional level. In 2014, the club announced Pete Fusz as the president of the Lou Fusz Soccer Club. Pete has a passion for helping the children of St. Louis get the best experience possible by learning soccer skills, and more importantly life skills, that will help them succeed after the sport.
“By 2020, Lou Fusz Athletic will have positively influenced every family in St. Louis.”
To reach this ambitious goal, the Club has broadened its horizons with the announcement of Lou Fusz Athletic. This organization will be the parent for various clubs. Lou Fusz Soccer club is company’s largest organization and Lou Fusz Athletic announced a new club: the Lou Fusz Lacrosse Club with help from its’ new director Todd Dillon. Continuing towards this goal, 2017 brought the announcement of the new training facility, Rams Park—former training facility of the St. Louis Rams. Our new facility will allow kids of the St. Louis area to develop their skills in a world class facility. Striving for excellent management and further development of the club, Dan Gargan was invited to provide professional insight. As a former professional player of many major soccer teams, he is excited
“to give back, and service the future generations that love this game in particular, and sports in general.”
LFA has taken yet another step in the right direction with the announcement of Lou Fusz Football. Our club truly believes that the addition of these new programs will allow us to become more involved in our community. We look forward to supporting the growth of our programs now and in the future.
- 1992 – Club started by Lou Fusz Jr. and Don Popovic
- 1997 – Chris Stocker, a member of the National Amateur Cup Championship in 1978-79, joined as an assistant to Don Popovic.
- 1997 – Purchase of Aubuchon Fields allowing the Lou Fusz Soccer Club to have its own home
- 1999-2000 – U13 Boys team wins first Region II Championship in the USYSA National Championship
- 2002 – Mark Santel, former professional player, becomes Director of Girl’s Program
- 2007 – Purchase of Creve Couer location, named Lou Fusz Soccer Complex, provides 2 additional grass fields
- 2010 – Recreation play and soccer camps begin under direction of Marty Pike
- 2011 – Lou Fusz Soccer Complex builds first two turf fields and field lighting
- 2014 – Two additional turf fields added
- 2015 – Final 4 turf fields added for a total of 8 state of the art synthetic grass fields
- 2016 – Dave Geerling leads U17 team to a US Youth Soccer National League Championship Win in Denver, CO
- 2016 – Former Major League Soccer star Dan Gargan joins the Lou Fusz Soccer Club as General Manager
- 2017 – Lou Fusz announces the acquisition of Rams Park, former home to the St. Louis Rams
- 2017 – Lou Fusz Soccer Club 25th Anniversary: Creation of first club crest and re brand under new name Lou Fusz Athletic.
- 2017 – Lacrosse announced as second sport under Lou Fusz Athletic
- 2017 – The Back Post Grill & Tap opens along side the completion of the Don Popovic Pavilion and new restrooms.
- 2017 – Blue Star Academy formed under Mike Ambersley.
- 2017 – Warm up turf completed at Lou Fusz Athletic Complex
- 2018 – Fusz Room, 92 Room, Weight Room and Team Store completed at Lou Fusz Athletic Training Center at Rams Park.
- 2018 – American Football becomes 3rd sport under Lou Fusz Athletic.